Monday 9 March 2015

New record player

















After reading and hearing many good things about vinyl, I decided that it was about time I got in on the action. 
So after doing quite a bit of research I went ahead and bought the Audio Technica AT-LP60 USB turn table.  
This is just a quick post giving my first impressions but expect more in the future. 

So for starters, the table arrived 5 days early which was fantastic and although I've only been with it for a few hours I must say that I am extremely impressed. 
The set up was unbelievably easy and I was playing a record within five minutes of opening the box. 
I've never owned a vinyl player so the fact that this was fully automatic (meaning you just push a button and the record starts to spin and the needle lifts and drops) meant that I didn't need to worry about damaging the record or the cartridge. 
Within the past few hours I have noticed an astounding increase in sound quality on the two records I've listened to, "Xx" and "Ceremonials". 
I was sceptical at first but it's true, vinyl just sounds better. 

Expect a few more posts about the player and vinyl in general as I become a more experienced vinyl listener. 

No comments:

Post a Comment